"Loving Yourself First"
Health and Hygiene
Students will be educated on the importance of exercise and a healthy diet as it pertains to women. Students will also learn multiple elements of feminine hygiene.
1. Students will have the ability to manage the way they eat food by showing the best ways to prepare healthy foods vs junk food.
2. Students will be able to identify foods that contribute to good ph balance.
3. Students will be able to demonstrate the pros vs cons of eating and sleeping in moderation.
4. Students will be able to analyze their current eating habits to assess how they can improve their daily dietary choices.
5. Students will be able to explain 3 ways to prevent common causes of health issues for women.
Leadership and Development
This is a process where students will learn how to operate beyond their own ego and influence people to act on principles, values and beliefs. Students will understand that a leader with integrity and ethics who is fair and empathetic towards others are the leaders who make the larger impact on others and acquire success. During the workshop, students will engage in an environment that fosters emotional, communicative and thought-provoking support. This will assist to promote student success, self-regulation, flexibility of cognition, and increased confidence in abilities.
1. Participants will be able to demonstrate what it means to maintain integrity as a leader in a challenging situation.
2. Participants will be able list 2 qualities they possess currently that makes them a ethical leader.
3. Students will learn the benefit of visualization and how to hold themselves accountable for thier goals.
4. Students will learn time managements skills, and be able to apply the Kanban technique
Self- Love & Emotional Intelligence
In this workshop, we will deconstruct and organize thoughts that improve academic performance in the classroom. Stress and anxiety are often contributing factors that diminish mental and emotional well-being, limit cognitive abilities to focus, and further inhibit academic performance and the ability to self-regulate emotions. Students often struggle to have the motivation and confidence to place forth necessary effort. Hence, lacking the ability to learn the significant effect that critical thinking, research, and thought-provoking communication can have on their success.
1. Participants will be able to explain how they can use 2 different situational strategies for validating themselves to improve confidence, focus, self-esteem, and academic performance.
2. Participants will be able to identify 2 ways they can manage emotions when facing a challenging situation. They will learn how to deconstruct and organize their thoughts to assist and improve their academic performance.
3. Participants will demonstrate how to counter negative self-thoughts with positive affirmations. Each student will learn multiple coping strategies to manage thoughts, emotions and behavioral habits.
4. Students will learn the 4 pillars of emotional intelligence. They will learn methods on how to apply it in everyday life situations and experiences.
Proper etiquette within various professional settings can significantly impact an individual’s progress professionally regardless of their profession. Contemporary conventional norms influence expectations for socially acceptable behaviors in various settings including social, corporate, and public settings. Students will begin learning how to navigate these various corporate and social settings. The goal is to set the foundation for positive behaviors that reflects the best attributes of each student.
1. Participants apply 2 strategies for fine dining in a restaurant.
2. Participants will demonstrate how to use polite words and phrases in unfavorable corporate settings.
3. Participants will explain 2 impacts of inappropriate behaviors in social and/or corporate settings.
Young ladies will learn the importance of coming together to uplift and support each other. There are so many hurdles women face in society and we shouldn’t have to worry about our fellow sister tearing us down or attempting to sabotage our success. We will focus on enhancing and strengthening positive dialogue within peer groups while encouraging communication without fear or judgement. We will also discuss strategies for positive socialization skills.
1. Students will demonstrate how to prevent conflict within their peer groups.
2. Students will demonstrate 3 healthy ways to identify positive friendships, and 3 ways to avoid negative associations.
3. Students will use role play activities to signify how to respond to bullying and peer pressure versus reacting.
4. Students will compare and contrast the differences between assumptions and gossip vs honest communication and positive dialogue.
1. Direct instruction
2. Experiential learning activities
3. Interactive instruction
1. Self-Love/Gratitude Journal
2. T-shirt & Tote Bag